Monday, December 24, 2007

pre-Christmas Eve

We choose, my daughters and I, to spend pre-Christmas Eve at home prior to joining the hustle and bustle of Eve with extended family. Of course, this means foregoing church with said extended family, but we appreciate our time together just the 3 of us ... and I expect Jesus understands. This is our 16th Christmas as a three-some (not counting assorted dogs, cat(s), birds and fishes). The girls have traditionally spent Christmas Eve with my family, and Christmas Day with their dad & his relatives - that means it gets awfully quiet around here, so I especially appreciate our extended Eve Day time together. Next Christmas we anticipate oldest daughter will have just graduated with her nursing degree, and then where will life take her? Maybe somewhere near, but maybe not, I encourage both of them to explore the big old world out there and it covers a lot more ground then they travel in the 60 miles north and south between home and college ... again, appreciating what potentially could be one of the last Christmas Eves we3 may spend together. Not sure why I feel the need to justify any of this ... back to watching younger daughter enjoying her new keyboard, and older daughter figuring out how to transfer her favorite pictures from her laptop to a memory card to use in her new digital frame. Merry (digital) Eve!

No comments: